Are you a member library of IFLS, NWLS, or WVLS and don’t currently have a website through the Libraries Win Website Service – but would like to join?
***Unfortunately, we are currently unable to schedule new requests***
HOWEVER – there are some things you can do to prepare for when we reopen (late 2023/early 2024)
Prepare for website design process:
- Review your current website; identify major likes/dislikes, potential changes you would want to make.
- Review Libraries Win Websites and select one or two you would choose as “models.” (The fastest way to design a website would be to copy/paste and customize a layout.)
- Know and be prepared to contact or provide your contact information for your Domain Name Service (DNS) provider. The place where your domain name is registered.
- Be prepared to provide your permission to spin up a behind-the-scenes draft website.
- Collect the following:
- All of your logo files. If you don’t currently have a logo or plan to make a change, this is a good time to begin designing one.
- Pictures you’d like to see on the website.
- Pictures of the outside/inside your building.
- A list of pages you want (no particular order here) and the information you need included on them.
- Library board
- Online resources
- History & genealogy
- Other specialty pages (community resources, building projects, Friends of the Library, etc. Look at other websites for ideas)
- The name of your web manager
- Fill out the Libraries Win Website Services interest survey so we have your information on file for when we resume website development services.